Tuesday 30 April 2013

Shoot to thrill

view from bats castle


It was a really nice day, the sun was out n the sky was blue. Time to reclaim KOM on the old strava
So i dusted down the bike and put a bit more air in the tyres and had a fiddle with the setting on my forks then set off,
 i hadn't gone far when i bumped into 2 most
hard working boys in the town out doin their rounds, i got a nice smile for the camera a quick chat
and i continued on my way.

 


As i rode i had my ipod playing, on shuffle when a golden oldie
came on shoot to thrill, that's it got my blog title..
I kept a steady pace out to carhampton building myself up for when the segment started
turned off the road and up the track like a bat out of hell !!
When i got to the top n through THAT GATE you know the one i spotted dear
and took a couple of pics,




If you zoom in a million times you might just see them.
I stopped at the bats castle settlement pushing my bike of course as its a footpath..
It was like being on top of the world, i could see for miles, and i don't think i know how lucky i am..
I stuffed down my banana and sped off down onto dunster by knowle lane and straight up grabist,
stopping at the bench on the top for a breather



 As soon as i caught my breath i was back on it it was the homeward stretch
i rode all along the top of the hill and went down the down hill track
and back home. i must admit i had a cracking ride and the weather was fantastic
here's to the next time

Here's the fun bits..


http://app.strava.com/activities/51533637


Slide show..
http://youtu.be/78x39z3TPcs






























No comments:

Post a Comment